A Javascript Refresher

Building the prediction part of the POS tagger has shown me that I need to brush up on my javascript. The list of resources given by Facebook on the React getting started page are very good. 

MDN is always my go to, but I had not come across The Modern JavaScript Tutorial which also looks excellent. So worth a little time over the next few days to tidy this up so that I am not getting tangled in basic JS concepts when I should be getting the model working in the browser. 

At the moment I am writing the JS code to convert a set of input words into an appropriate form for the model to predict the part of speech. 

This is roughly how it works for now

Given a set of words, split them and convert to a windowed dataset of length 5. This covers all of the input features that I used to build the model, so for each word I just need the 2 before and the 2 after. 

Seems straightforward, but the tricky bit is getting started. Once the user has input 5 words I am ready to convert to features and predict the POS for word 3. However this means that I don't have the POS for the preceding words. They are among the input features for the model. 

So once I get the rest of the code working I will find a way to do this using something like the most common tag where I have none. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Execute Jupyter notebooks line by line in VS Code

Recreating python feature extraction code in JavaScript

Pyenv to manage multiple versions of python